Implementing an industry-leading hardware design and Ruijie’s latest RGOS11.X modular operating system, the switches offer better table capacity, improved hardware processing performance, and easier user operation.
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS supports flexible Gigabit access and high-density 10G port. The switch offers fixed 48 10G fiber ports, supporting high-density, high-performance port uplink performance. These leading features fully meet requirements of high-density access and demanding aggregation.
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS, with the outstanding performance-to-price ratio, is ideal acting as aggregation of large-scaled networks, core of small to medium-sized networks. With the end-to-end service performance, and a wide range of security settings available, RG-S6110-48XS4QXS fully satisfies high-speed, secure and intelligent demands of enterprise networks.
Feature highlights of RG-S6110-48XS4QXS:
• Customized for Large Campus Network: Up to 48 x 10G BASE-X Ports and 4 x 40G BASE-X Uplink Ports
• Exceptional Performance: Up to 2.56Tbps Switching Capacity
• Network Virtualization: Virtual Switch Unit (VSU) Support
• Out-of-box with Advanced Layer 3 Routing and SDN Features
• High Reliability: Hot Patches, Power and Fan Redundancy Support
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS offers fixed 48 10G fiber ports. Users can flexibly choose 1G fiber or 10 GE ports in various quantities to meet their actual deployment needs. The unparalleled performance totally supports campus network aggregation of large-sized enterprises, or core deployment of small to medium-sized networks. RG-S6110-48XS4QXS supports MAC address capacity of up to 128K.
IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Multilayer Switching
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS provides hardware support for IPv4/IPv6 multilayer switching at line rates, supports distinction and processing of IPv4 and IPv6 packets by hardware, and provides flexible IPv6 network communication schemes for network implementation planning or maintaining the present network status. The switches also support rich IPv4 routing protocols, including static routing protocols, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP4, enabling users to select appropriate protocols for network building in different environments. A wide array of IPv6 routing protocols is also available. Such include static routing protocols, RIPng, OSPFv3, and BGP4+, enabling users to select appropriate protocols for upgrading an existing network to IPv6 or building a new IPv6 network.
Virtual Switch Unit (VSU)
The Virtual Switch Unit technology, or VSU in short, enables interconnection of several physical devices by virtualizing them into one logical device. The logical device uses one single IP address, Telnet process, command-line interface (CLI), and enables auto version inspection and configuration. From the user perspective, the benefits are multiplied work efficiency and enhanced user experience of several devices operating at the same. And they only have to manage one device. The VSU technology also offers multiple benefits below:
• Easy management: Administrators can centrally manage all the devices at the same time. It is no longer necessary to configure and manage the switches one by one.
• Simplified typology: The VSU is regarded as one switch in the network. By connection of aggregation link and peripheral network devices, MSTP protocol is unnecessary as there is no Layer 2 loop network. All protocols operate as one switch.
• Millisecond failover: The VSU and peripheral devices are connected via the aggregation link. Upon failure event of any device or link, failover to another member link requires only 50 to 200ms.
• Exceptional scalability: The network is hot swappable, any devices leaving or joining the virtualized network cause zero impact on other devices.
Comprehensive Security Policies
The RG-S6110 effectively prevents and controls virus spread and hacker attacks with various inherent mechanisms such as anti-DoS attacks, hacker IP scanning, illegal ARP packets checking and multiple hardware ACL policies.
• Hardware-based IPv6 ACL: Allow coexistence of IPv4/IPv6 users and controls the resources access by IPv6 users (e.g. restrict access to sensitive network resources).
• Industry-leading CPU protection mechanism: The CPU protection policy (CPP) distinguishes the data flows sent to the CPU, which are processed according to their priorities, and implements limitations on the bandwidth rate as needed. In this manner, users can prevent the CPU from being occupied by illegal traffic and protect against malicious attacks to guarantee normal operation of the CPU and switch.
• IP/MAC binding: Implement flexible binding of a port or the system to the IP address and MAC address of users, strictly limiting user access on a port or in the entire system.
• DHCP snooping: Allow DHCP responses from trusted ports only; based on DHCP listening and by monitoring ARP dynamically and checking the user IP address, directly discard illegal packets inconsistent with binding entries to effectively prevents ARP frauds and source IP address frauds.
• IP-based Telnet access control: Prevent attacks from illegal personnel or hacker and strengthen the device security.
• Secure Shell and SNMPv3: Secure Shell (SSH) and Simple Network Management Protocol v3 (SNMPv3) cryptographic network protocol ensure the security of management information. Provides services such as multi-element binding, port security, time-based ACL and bandwidth rate limiting to block unauthorized users.
• NFPP: The NFPP (Network Foundation Protection Policy) enhances switch security. It protects switch processor and bandwidth by totally isolating the attacking sources. Normal packet forwarding and protocol are hence guaranteed.
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS supports spanning tree protocols of 802.1d, 802.1w, and 802.1s to ensure rapid convergence, improves fault tolerance capabilities, ensures stable running of networks and load balancing of links, and provides redundant links.
• Virtual Router Redundant Protocol (VRRP): Effectively ensure network stability.
• Rapid Link Detection Protocol (RLDP): Detect the connectivity of links and whether an optical fiber link is normal from both ends, and supports the loop detection function based on the port to prevent network faults caused by loops generated by the connection of devices such as hubs to ports.
• Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) (G.8032): Implements loop blocking and link recovery on the master device. Other devices directly report link status to the master device. Without passing through other standby devices, the failover time of loop interruption and recovery is hence faster than STP. The ERSP’s link failover rate can be completed within 50 ms under ideal conditions.
• Rapid Ethernet Uplink Protection Protocol (REUP): When Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is disabled, the Rapid Ethernet Uplink Protection Protocol (REUP) can provide basic link redundancy through the rapid uplink protection function and provide faster subsecond-level fault recovery than STP.
• Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD): Provide a method for upper-layer protocols such as routing protocols and MPLS to rapidly detect the connectivity of forwarding paths between routing devices, reducing the convergence time of upper-layer protocols greatly in the case of changes in link status.
• Exceptional business support performance: Support IPv4 and IPv6 multicast with abundant multicast protocols, e.g. IGMP Snooping, IGMP, MLD, PIM, PIM for IPv6, MSDP, etc. The switches offer multicast service for IPv4 network, IPv6 network, and IPv4/IPv6 co-existing network. IGMP source port and source IP inspection are also enabled to crack down on rouge multicast sources. The series offers rich Layer 3 features to meet various link planning needs.
Abundant QoS Policies
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS offers outstanding multilayer traffic categorization and control for MAC traffic, IP traffic, application layer traffic and so on. The feature achieves traffic policies such as refined bandwidth control and forwarding priority. The series also supports customized QoS features for various applications.
The QoS system, with DiffServ as the core, supports a complete set of policies covering 802.1P, IP TOS, Layer 2 to 7 filtering, SP, and WRR.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS fully supports OpenFlow. In collaboration with Ruijie’s SDN controller, it forms a large-scale Layer 2 networking architecture with ease. Smooth upgrade of the whole network to a SDN one is also enabled. The switch series hence greatly simplifies the network management and minimizes network deployment savings.
Easy Network Maintenance
RG-S6110-48XS4QXS supports abundant features such as SNMP V1/V2/V3, RMON, Syslog, and logs and configuration backup using USB for routine diagnosis and maintenance. Administrators can use a wide variety of methods for easier management and such include CLI, Smart web management, Telnet, etc.
For inquiries, email us at email@example.com