Why Do We Need Intelligent Cloud-Networks?
In the Enterprise Cloud Adoption Best Practice – All in Cloud white paper, Deloitte stated that the cloud makes computing power and artificial intelligence (AI) serve as inclusive technologies through online public services, becoming the foundation for the digital transformation of our entire society. Cloudification is a necessary path to digital development.
As digital development continuously accelerates worldwide, the cloudification process of each industry also advances substantially. People used to ask “why” they should migrate to the cloud. The question now is: “why not?” According to IDC, 80% of enterprises will accelerate their cloud migration by the end of 2021, and multi-cloud access — including public, private, and hybrid clouds — will serve as the preferred choice. It’s foreseeable that more enterprises will migrate their core services to the private cloud and office services to the public cloud. In addition, an increasing number of digital services will be provided to customers through cloud services.
Faster cloudification is inevitable
of enterprises will speed up cloud migration by the end of 2021
Multi-cloud access is preferred
of enterprises have adopted or formulated hybrid multi-cloud development strategies
Cloud services are the trend
of enterprises will build new digital services using public clouds and internal APIs by 2023
Traditionally, the cloud and network operate independently. There are four main challenges to achieving cloud-network integration:
Fast cloud, slow network
Isolated clouds and networks, slow provisioning
Cloud deployment in minutes VS Network deployment
Difficult experience guarantee
QoS-based SLA assurance, difficult experience guarantee
OA system cloudification VS Production system cloudification
Challenging network O&M
Invisible networks, manual O&M
Connecting people VS Connecting everything
Difficult security protection
Lack of cloud-network-security collaboration
Border-confined networks VS Border-free networks
Therefore, we need to build a high-quality cloud-based road network to deliver computing power and intelligence. The cloud-network integration enables access to the cloud as soon as the network is deployed, helping various industries obtain digital power.
What Is an Intelligent Cloud-Network?
Just like the power grid enabled the Second Industrial Revolution by transmitting electricity to each household, the intelligent cloud-network will create new momentum for the digital economy by continuously transferring computing power and intelligence to every industry and helping enterprises improve their production efficiency. The intelligent cloud-network has the following three unique features:
Network status can be sensed through digital methods, enabling abstract modeling of an entire network’s status in a digital world and unified storage on the cloud. This will enable unified network management on the cloud with real-time visualization of status.
After network digitalization is implemented, new technologies such as AI and big data can be introduced to increase the intelligence of the cloud-network. The resulting benefits include intelligent balancing and scheduling of network and cloud resources, intelligent network O&M, significantly increased troubleshooting efficiency, and intelligent security defense for comprehensively improved security protection.
Network as a service (NaaS)
Network services can be subscribed to in one click, improving the network response efficiency and matching the agility of the cloud. Business requirements can be met by implementing open network programming and more flexible interconnection with cloud offerings. More secure cloud-network services can be provided through cloud-network-security collaboration.
Application Scenarios of Intelligent Cloud-Network
- Campus Network
- Delivers Gbit/s bandwidth, 10 ms ultra-low latency, lossless roaming; ensures End to End (E2E) security for key office and production applications; and implements E2E automation from network design and network deployment, to service provisioning and network optimization, leading campus networks into the intelligent gigabit-wireless era.
- Data Center Network
- Features ultra-broadband, lossless, and full intelligence capabilities; supports 400 GE high-density line cards; fully unleashes AI computing power with Huawei’s unique iLossless algorithm; and achieves a first-of-its-kind L3 Autonomous Driving Network (ADN), leading data centers into the intelligence era.
- Implements hard isolation of office and production services through network slicing; dynamically adjusts service paths in real-time through Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6); and achieves converged transport of all services (including office and production), as well as guaranteeing the experience, leading Wide Area Networks (WANs) into the all-service intelligence era.
- Network SecurityHiSecEngine series AI firewalls
- — powered by an internal AI chip-based threat detection engine — detect unknown threats with an accuracy of 99%, with five times better performance, leading network security into the intelligent defense era.
For inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org